These peanut butter cups are amazingly simple but oh so good!
They’re vegan, gluten free, dairy free, only 5 ingredients, 1 bowl and very easy to make.
The most difficult part is waiting for them to set in the freezer!
These ingredients make 24 mini-muffin sized peanut butter cups and it will take you approx 20 minutes.
If you have a silicone mini muffin tray that is by far the easiest thing to make them in as you just pop them out once they’re frozen. If you have a mini-muffin tin that’s ok and they work fine but you’ll have to lightly oil it and then run a knife around them to pop them out once they’re set.
Base Layer Ingredients:
– 1 cup natural peanut butter
– 1/2 cup coconut flour
– 5 tbsp maple syrup
How to make the Base Layer:
– In a medium sized bowl, add all the base layer ingredients. Mix everything together until it’s thick and well combined. Spoon out the mixture evenly and press firmly into the holes of the mini-muffin pan. Set aside.
Chocolate Topping Ingredients:
– 3 tbsp maple syrup
– 3 tbsp melted warm coconut oil
– 3 tbsp cacao powder or cocoa
– 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
How to make the Chocolate Topping:
– Add all ingredients into your medium sized bowl and stir until it all comes together and is smooth. If it doesn’t turn smooth straight away, gently warm the bowl. (Sit the bowl over some hot water)
Carefully spoon the chocolate topping over the base layer, approximately 1-2 tsp per hole.
If you want them to look extra special you can sprinkle the top with chopped peanuts or cacao nibs or coconut.
Put them into the freezer for 30-45 minutes until they are set. Pop them out of the muffin tray, or if using a tin run a knife round the edge to release them.
Keep them in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer they will last for up to 2 months. I guarantee they won’t last that long though!
I think they’re best kept in the freezer, just give them 5 to 10 minutes to defrost slightly before eating. You could also keep them in the fridge but eat them as soon as you take them out.
I’ve been sharing this recipe and the cups themselves with many friends for a while and they’re always a big hit so next time you need to impress someone, give them a try!
If you do, make sure you let me know if you like them!